Saturday 30 July 2016

Review: Monstress, Vol. 1: Awakening

Monstress, Vol. 1: Awakening Monstress, Vol. 1: Awakening by Marjorie M. Liu
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I recieved a copy of this title from NetGalley for an unbiased review.

Firstly I wanted to read this title because it is ridiculously pretty. The cover caught me instantly and I was so happy when I was able to get it. This style follows throught the whole volume and even the grotesque in it is somehow beautiful.

There is a bit of confusion about the world and what exactly is going on, that I didn't feel was entirely cleared up, but this is the first of many so I am willing to let that unfold. There is more than enough action going on to satisfy me when reading anyway!

The heroine is a mystery and delightfully frank in her actions. She is clearly on a mission and I will be picking up the second volume to find out what that is, and hopefully build upon the world and make it as rich as it deserves to be.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment