Sunday 17 July 2016

Review: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency: A Spoon Too Short

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency: A Spoon Too Short Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency: A Spoon Too Short by Arvind Ethan David
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a pretty solid graphic novel. Whimsical, which is totally what you expect from Dirk Gently, and a strong dash of the utterly bizarre! The story was entertaining, though a little confusing from time to time, but I felt like the characterization was incredibly strong and the glimpses into Dirk's childhood and how he became the man he is was especially fascinating.

The artwork takes a little getting used to. In some instances it's almost ugly in its presentation of the characters and then suddenly there are a couple of frames that are glorious, which led me to believe the ugliness is deliberate.

*I got a download of this title from NetGalley for free, for a honest review*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment